The IAS 2023 Scholarship applications are now open. IAS – the International AIDS Society – will give out both in-person and virtual scholarships for IAS 2023.
IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, will take place in Brisbane, Australia, and virtually from 23 to 26 July 2023. IAS 2023, being held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, will shine a spotlight on the world’s advances in HIV research.
The IAS Conference on HIV Science is the world’s most influential meeting on HIV research and its applications. This biennial conference presents critical advances in basic, clinical, and operational HIV research that move science into policy and practice. Through its open and inclusive programme, the meeting sets the gold standard of HIV science, featuring highly diverse and cutting-edge research.
- If you are at least 18 years old on 23 July 2023 and working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship for IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, which takes place in Brisbane, Australia, and virtually from 23 to 26 July 2023.
The following candidates will be given priority:
- Abstract presenters whose submission has been selected for the conference
- Applicants from low- and middle-income countries
- Applicants who are part of key populations and people living with HIV
- Young people and junior investigators below the age of 35
- Applicants who did not previously receive a scholarship for an IAS conference
Types of financial support
- IAS – the International AIDS Society – will give out both in-person and virtual scholarships for IAS 2023.
- You may indicate your preferred attendance type in your application, as well as the types of financial support you require for your participation.
- Please note that given the high demand, we may not be able to grant full scholarships or in-person scholarships to all selected candidates.
- Registration for in-person plus virtual attendance (access to all sessions at the conference venue, as well as access to the virtual platform)
- Travel support (pre-paid economy class return ticket from the nearest international airport)
- Accommodation (single room in a budget hotel)
- Daily living allowance for the duration of the conference
- Registration for virtual attendance (full online access to all conference sessions, including virtual networking sessions)
- Accessibility support (exclusively for applicants with connectivity challenges to facilitate their access to the virtual content of IAS 2023)
How to Apply
To apply for a scholarship, all eligible candidates will have to answer questions about their background, experience, and motivation to attend the conference and upload a letter of recommendation. All answers must be in English. This letter must fulfill the following essential criteria:
- Written in English
- Include a letterhead of your referee’s organization, company, or institution
- Dated within two months of the application submission and signed (original or digital signature) by the referee
- Explicitly mention you and support your scholarship application and attendance of IAS 2023
In the application form, candidates will be able to indicate what attendance type they prefer and request different types of financial support.
- 15 November 2022: Submissions open
- 31 January 2023: Submissions close
- February/March 2023: Review and selection
- 5 April 2023: Announcement of results
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the IAS Conference on HIV Science Scholarship 2023
Leave a Reply