The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are offered to citizens from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries.
These scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
- Deadline 1: You must apply to the University of Edinburgh by 16:00 BST on Monday 12th April 2021. To make an application to the University, search for your eligible degree programme on our Degree Finder. Once you have received an offer of a place on one of the eligible programmes, you can put in an application to the CSC.
- Deadline 2: You must apply for the scholarship through the Commonwealth Scholarships Electronic Application System (EAS). The deadline is 17:00 BST on Monday 26th April.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Value of Awards: The scholarship includes a full tuition fee and resources to enhance student participation, access, and research skills.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Eligible Field of Studies: Before applying, please read the Eligibility Information on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
- Biodiversity, Wildlife and Ecosystem Health, MSc
- Carbon Management, MSc
- Clinical Education, MSc
- Clinical Management of Pain, MSc
- Conservation Medicine, MVetSci
- Family Medicine, MSc
- General Surgery, ChM
- Global Challenges, MSc
- Global Health and Infectious Disease, MSc
- International Animal Health, MSc
- International Animal Welfare Ethics and Law, MSc
- One Health. MSc
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine, MSc
- Public Health, MPH
- Surgical Sciences, ChM
- Trauma & Orthopaedics, ChM
- Urology, ChM
- Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, ChM
- Applicants must have (or achieve before the programme commences) a UK 2:1 undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Applicants must meet the English language requirements.
- Applicants must have good academic records
Application Process: Click Here To Apply