Apply For Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023 For Young African Leaders – US Exchange Program
The United States exchange program, Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders seek qualified Nigerians And Africans who demonstrate leadership in public, private, or non-profit sectors.
This program is your chance to participate in a six-week Leadership Institute at a U.S. college or university to share your experiences with and learn from U.S. citizens and other Fellows.
The Fellowship is an unparalleled opportunity to:
a. Explore industries beyond your daily work and expand your expertise.
b. Attend a Summit with young African leaders in Washington, D.C.
c. Meet with U.S. Government, civic, and business leaders.
d. Strengthen your work through new connections, skills, and ideas.
You may want to also check UK Fully Funded Chevening Scholarships 2022 Application Begins Today –
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The Mandela Washington Fellowship is open to young African leaders who meet the following criteria:
1. Are between the ages of 25 and 35 on or before the application deadline, although exceptional applicants ages 21-24 will be considered
2. Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States
3. Are eligible to receive a United States J1 visa
4. Are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the U.S. Government (including a U.S. embassy or consulate, USAID, or other U.S. Government entity)
5. Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English (additional guidance coming for applicants who are deaf)
6. Are citizens of one of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe
You may want to also read Nigerian Police 9th Regular Course Cadet Degree Programme 2022 – Apply Now
7. Are residents of one of the above countries, and Are not Alumni of the Mandela Washington Fellowship.
Applications closing date: September 13th, 2022
How to apply:
Interested Applicants should visit https://mwfellows.info/apply to apply
Successful applicants will have access to a six-week training course at a top U.S. educational institution in 1 of 3 different leadership tracks: Business, Civic Engagement, or Public Management.