This is to inform the general public that online sale of the Bayero University, Kano, Postgraduate Application Forms for the 2021/2022 Academic Session is to commence on Monday 22nd March, 2021.
All interested Applicants should visit the Bayero University website: www.buk.edu.ng for details about available programmes and the procedure of applying online. Please note the following information:
1. The cost of each application form is Twelve Thousand Naira (N12,000) only, including administrative charges.
2. The duration of the sale and submission of Application Forms is from Monday 22nd March to Friday 2nd July, 2021.
3. An Applicant should ensure that he/she has the entry requirements for the programme applied for, plus five O Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics as appropriate.
4. Applicants for Ph.D/M.Phil and Academic Masters’ programmes should ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Bayero University, Kano. Note that Applicants for Ph.D programmes are to provide a short research proposal of not more than 350 words in the space provided on the online application form. The proposal should indude title, statement of the problem and objectives.
The Application Procedure
STEP 1: Visit www.buk.edu.ng and under the PROSPECTIVE STUDENT TAB dick Applications at the home page. Login using FULL NAME OF THE APPLICANT and select “Applying for a Postgraduate Programme”. A username and password will be generated for you. Please take careful note of them, as you need them for subsequent steps of the application process.
STEP 2: Login to your account and generate/print your BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). A non-refundable application fee of N12,000 (Twelve Thousand Naira Only) is reflected on applicant’s BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and eCollection platform (www.remita.net). Applicants must make sure that they entered ALL the information of the BUKPPF EXACTLY. Applicants must also ensure that all of the following are captured exactly as they are written on the BUKPPF:
- Name of MDA
- Name of Service/Purpose
- Description Amount to Pay (₦)
- Registration No.
- BUKPPF ID P
- Payer’s Full Name
- Payer’s Email
- Payer’s Phone
STEP 3: Return to buk.edu.ng and login with your username and password to fill in the
- Application Form
- Programme Selection Form
- Personal Data Form
- Application Form
STEP 4: Transcript request form shall also be filled by candidates for Ph.D, H.Phil and Academic Master’s Programme in addition to the form listed in step 3 above. The applicant prints and processes this at the relevant institution
STEP 5: Further your forms to ensure accuracy of all information provided. Click ‘SUBMIT’ to complete the application process
STEP 6: An acknowledgement slip will be generated for you immediately, print the slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letter, screening and during registration
If you have any enquiry or are encountering any difficulty, write an email to [email protected] clearly stating the difficulties or enquires
Payment at the bank opens on Monday 22nd March, 2021 and closes on Friday 2nd July, 2021. The website for completing the application form will close by 11:59pm on Sunday 4th July, 2021.