The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job Ref.: IITA-HR-NRS2023-014
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- Drive IITA/I-Youth project vehicle in a safe and courteous manner to convey authorized staff, visiting partners etc. for project activities.
- Carryout daily maintenance of project vehicle (cleaning and regular check-up).
- Check weekly vehicle schedule for the office (missions, transport needs), prepares necessary plans/arrangements and reports any changes.
- Load and unload goods into the vehicle and ensure their security and condition while in the vehicle.
- Ensure vehicle documents are up to date and comply with minimum security operating standards (MSOS).
- Provide timely report to the State Administrative Office and Project Administrator of the vehicle requiring maintenance service.
- Record every trip detail in the vehicle logbook including filling of the monthly balance sheet.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level with a valid drivers’ license with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have basic communication skills in English and Hausa.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 3rd April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply