Ibis is an international hotel company owned by AccorHotels, a hotel holding company. AccorHotels is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. Ibis opened its first hotel in 1974. The hotels are generally close to city centres, airports, beaches or railway stations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Ref No: 23005559
Location: Ajao Estate, Lagos
Reporting To: Vice President, Operations
Job: Hotel Management
Job Type: Permanent
Job Level: Management
- The General Manager oversees the day to day operations of the hotel in accordance with brand and company standards, vision and values.
- The maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction and colleagues’ development is an integral part of the position.
- Furthermore, it is essential to assist the team in the development and communication of strategies, goals and objectives as well as the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotels while, managing, growing and fostering positive owner relations and maximizing performance.
- Maximizing financial performance
- Efficient operation and cost control of all hotel departments and facilities
- Ensure execution of marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
- Ensure adherence to relevant legislation relating to: fire; hygiene, employment, licensing, etc.
- Energy consumption is monitored and minimized
- Preserving & maximizing hotel asset
- Lead and guide the budgeting process of individual departments and adhere to the established guidelines
- Analyze monthly P&L and month-end reports, identify deviation from business plan goals
- Hold daily Operations and Monthly Management meetings to review progress towards achievement of business plan goals and develop the annual business plan related to all departments
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Brand strategy
- Growing business – A good overview of finances, think about the future and decide on strategic initiatives
- Maintain product and service quality standards
- All areas of the hotel consistently maintained to standards of attractiveness, comfort and cleanliness
- Dealing with the Media
- Directly supervise the Managers and indirectly all hotel personnel
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and training programs
- Act as an integer role model, displaying explicit knowledge and awareness of company and brand standards
- Build quality relationships with the management team
- Create team spirit
- Create effectively a collaborative and inclusive environment where all employees/colleagues are encouraged to provide input
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable hospitality school preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of operational management experience or at least 3 years of experience in a similar capacity with proven records and good understanding of the local market.
- High degree of professionalism with strong understanding of hotel operations and business acumen.
- Experience with owners’ relationship.
- Must be strategic, creative and able to clearly communicate how plans will deliver on overall goals.
- Adaptable & flexible with the capacity to set high goals and standards for the smooth operation of the hotel.
- Effective management style, hands-on and approachable.
- Bottom-line oriented with emphasis on quality guest-service and team-building
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, OPERA & MICROS Software and other Hotel software.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills Possess a vibrant personality and enjoy working and socializing with diverse people
- Has good knowledge of the trendiest in the destination (the local scene)
- Has a tech-savvy and social nature, including social media front
- Ability to lead expatriates and local colleagues effectively
- Excellent communication and customer contact skills
- Results and service oriented with an eye for details
- Ability to multi-task, work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
- A team player & builder
- A motivator & self-starter.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply