Ibis is an international hotel company owned by AccorHotels, a hotel holding company. AccorHotels is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. Ibis opened its first hotel in 1974. The hotels are generally close to city centres, airports, beaches or railway stations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Administrator II
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the hotel’s Voice (telephone), MATV(DSTV), CCTV, PA(Public address) Systems.
- Responsible for all the systems backups, archiving and disaster recovery; and provides expert support on all IT related issues.
- Manages and develops the hotel’s data (internet) systems.
- Must be familiar with all hardware; software and network operating system.
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system.
- Programs the room rates on the display monitor at the reception and the totem signage at the front gate of the hotel.
- Acts as a support person for Opera and Micros and liaises with the Opera and Micros consultants if there is a problem.
- Oversees the programming of all TVs.
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance.
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status.
- Changing of the hotel’s Internet password twice a month.
- In charge of the audio- visual system, telephones and the conference monitor during conferences.
- HND / B.Sc in Computer Science / Engineering or Information Technology or in any other related field.
- At least 2 years experience in IT in any leading hotel or organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player, self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Capability of dealing with crisis or emergency situations effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Skills and Knowledge:
The IT Administratormust demonstrate the following skills:
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal, written, presentation and listening communications skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Computer viruses and security.
The position comes with attractive remuneration and company benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only applicants that meet the above criteria and have hotel industry prior experience would be contacted.
Leave a Reply