Application Deadline: February 8th, 2023
Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship (KIF) is a one-year non-partisan leadership training programme for young Nigerians between the age of 25-35 years. The one-year Fellowship aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade. Established in 2018, KIF is an initiative of the Kaduna State Government (KDSG).
The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.
- Age range 25-35 years (MAXIMUM AGE OF 35 WHEN THE FELLOWSHIP ENDS)
- Graduate from an accredited University
- Completed NYSC
A salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor. Accommodation: Boarding (and breakfast) is provided in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the Fellowship.
Applications submitted on the portal before the stated deadline are automatically filtered for plagiarism and grammar. Those who attain the minimum score required (cut-off score) and beyond, make it to the second round of assessments.
In the second round, each application undergoes a preliminary strength of argument and further use of English assessment by independent editors and successful applications move to the third round of assessments.
In this third level, each application is reviewed by two members of the Steering Committee. They are scored based on use of English, persuasiveness of argument, demonstration of leadership/public service qualities and strength of curriculum vitae (CV) and letters of recommendation. Applicants who meet the cut-off score and beyond are contacted and asked to make video submissions of themselves responding to questions asked.
In stage four, the videos are reviewed by the Steering Committee with the best of them being selected for the consideration of the Governing Board.
The Governing Board then does the final selection of the required number of Fellows who would form the next cohort of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship.
The successful applicants are contacted by the KIF Secretariat and announced by the Governor at an unveiling ceremony.
- Please note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship is entirely an online process.
- There are no paper forms to complete, there is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Prior to the specified deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to write an essay based on the relevant essay topic (1000 words maximum), submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), and details of two (2) referees.
- An important part of the application is the Personal Statement where you have the opportunity to demonstrate what you have accomplished and what your goals are for the future as we want to see people who have had a track record of imbibing change and are looking forward to making change as they move forward.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme 20223
Leave a Reply