Call for application – National Power Training Institution of Nigeria (NAPTIN) Meter Installation and Management course for Technicians 2021
Course Duration: Two weeks
Course Participants: Meter Installation Technicians
Distribution companies require meter installers to handle their customer metering gaps, hence this course prepares technicians for this task. The course entails the knowledge of the different type of meters, installation procedures of single and three-phase Prepayment meters maintain standards and load demand Meter Installation Technicians
You want to also check KWASSIP Shortlist 7202 Applicants For Kwapreneur Scheme
In the end, of course, the trainees shall be able to:
a) Identify different type of meters
b) Estimate load demand of a building/premises and make the choice of the right meter
c) Install both single and three-phase meters correctly
d) Describe and differentiate different types of MD meters
e) Explain about smart meters
1) Basic electricity/ Structure of the electricity industry in Nigeria.
2) Introduction of some relevant electrical parameters.
3) The importance of electricity metering.
4) The Electricity meters.
5) Credit metering – electromechanical/electronic
6) Prepayment metering – electronic
7) Smart metering – electronic
8) Voltage and current capacities of meters.
9) Principles of operations of prepayment meters.
10) Cables and conductors.
11) Load enumeration and assessment.
12) Basic protective devices at power intake point.
14) Installation standards.
15) Safe work practices and personnel safety principles
16) Installation materials and tools.
17) Meter installation.
18) Meter installation documentation
19) Physical protection of meters
20) Post-installation checks.
21) Electrical measurement and calculation
22) Tamper prevention
23) Tamper detection and recording
24) Energy conservation.
This may also interest you University Of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship 2021-2022 For International Students
Lecture presentations with p/point, Case study, Syndicate group work, practical and site visit.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should Open here to apply for this course
For Further inquiry, please send a mail to [email protected] or call the following numbers: 08035883523