Igbo Broadcast Media Network reports news and events which have effect on Alaigbo and Ndigbo, wherever they happen, at home or abroad; we are Gatekeepers of the Igbo Commonwealth. We are a homegrown broadcast media network operating from Owerri, the capital of Imo State, Southeast Nigeria. We have coverage in all five Eastern States: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo; with presence in every Igbo community and others in the South-south, South-west, North-east and Northwest.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: News Writer / Reporter Intern
Locations: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Rivers and Owerri – Imo
Employment Type: Internship
- We are hiring intern news writers and reporters to join its editorial team. The role offers an opportunity to explore and harness storytelling, writing and investigative passion and become really good at it.
- As interns, you get to learn from the experience, understand the rigours of the media industry, be equipped with what is needed to succeed in the industry and position self for employment within the organisation and any other that you may choose.
- Write original/engaging news stories of events/happenings in Igboland (Southeast Nigeria).
- Write engaging and original news stories.
- Monitor community events and social media.
- Attend events.
- Facilitate partnerships with local event organisers.
- Investigate, research, and fact-check information.
- Uncover interesting stories.
- Report the news.
- Book guests for interviews/chats and conduct interviews.
- Prepare press releases and handle administrative work.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 0 – 2 years work experience.
- Candidates should possess an excellent command of written and oral English Language.
- Passion for news and human interest.
- Regular use of social media especially Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Willingness to work on weekends.
- This vacancy for residents of any of the Southeast and South-south States.
- Stipends for internet, call facilities
- Transport allowance.
Deadline: 2nd June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply