The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) have set the resumption date for the 2020 Batch ‘B’ Stream 2 Prospective Corps members to 18th January. This release is to assure all the PCMs that sequel to the discussion of the Scheme with the NCDC, the commencement date for the 2020 Batch B Stream II Orientation exercise will now be 18th January 2021 alongside educational institutions as against 5th January 2021 earlier announced. Read also NYSC Releases 2020-21 Batch B Stream 2 Call Up Letter
However, the management of NYSC has advised Packs to continue to observe faithfully the COVID-19 safety protocols as issued by the Federal Government from time to time. Those PCMs and Camp officials will undergo the COVID-19 test. Only those that are negative will be admitted to camps.
The Federal Ministry of education also released a press statement stating that sequel to the hint given during the press 12 January 2021 for the review of the proposed resumption date of 18th January 2021, the Federal Ministry of Education has undertaken a comprehensive appraisal of the situation.
After extensive consultations with relevant stakeholders, including State Governors, Commissioners of Education, Proprietors and heads of institutions, staff unions, and students, the consensus of opinion is that the resumption date of 18th January should remain, while parents and respective institutions must ensure full compliance with COVID-19 protocols including:
READ ALSO: How To Print Improved NIN Slip Using NIMC Mobile App
- Compulsory wearing of Facemasks by all students, teachers, and workers in all schools
- Temperature checks and handwashing facilities at strategic locations in all schools
- Ensuring a constant supply of water and sanitizers
- Enforcement of maintenance of social distancing and suspension of large gatherings such as assembly and visiting days.
- Avoiding overcrowding, including limitations in class sizes and hostel occupancy
- Availability of functional health clinics with facilities for isolation and transportation of suspected cases to medical facilities
- Adherence to all other non-pharmaceutical protocols, restrictions, and containment measures as may be prescribed/ approved by the PTF from time to time.
According to the Federal Ministry of education, these measures which are to ensure the safe reopening of schools for academic activities will be subject to constant review as we urge teachers, school administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure strict compliance.