Ibis is an international hotel company owned by AccorHotels, a hotel holding company. AccorHotels is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. Ibis opened its first hotel in 1974. The hotels are generally close to city centres, airports, beaches or railway stations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PA to MD, Internal Auditor & Financial Controller
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Objectives of this Position
- Assisting the Financial Controller in the management of the hotel’s accounts, stock taking, internal Audit and control, preparation of reports and annual budgets
- Assisting the Financial Controller with cost containment, revenue enhancement, profit improvement opportunities and safeguarding the company’s asset.
- Prepare and review budgets, forecasts, operating results, financial reports and tax returns in compliance with government regulations
- Responsible for planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in the activities of All Accounting personnel; IT, Purchasing and Stores of the Hotel.
- Active participation and monitoring on the financial aspects of COCKPIT / FOCUS and ISO 9001 as per Accor Policy (Sun system/ opera/ micros etc.).
- Support the Financial Controller by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports to summarize and forecast the hotel’s revenues, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Assist all department heads in the preparation of their respective budgets and feasibility studies and whenever any financial information or expertise is required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Financial Controller
- Direct, coordinate and participate in all activities of the department, such as:
preparing management reports, financial statements and related accounting reports;
receiving, storing, issuing, accounting for, and controlling the cost of food, beverage, general supplies, operating equipment and fixed assets; reconciliation of all revenue requisition needed equipment, materials and supplies; receiving, keeping, depositing, and disbursing funds; preparing, controlling and maintaining all vouchers and cheques; processing and preparing all credit applications; auditing all revenue reports of the hotel;
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations, utilizing internal controls, auditing and security procedures.
- Ensure the collection of payments in accordance with company policies.
- Monitor hotel expenses to stay within budget guidelines, as well as gather and report financial information to the General Manager.
- Ensures optimal compliance with corporate focus audit.
- Ensure the accuracy, timely preparation and submission of all accounting reports, financial statements and tax returns.
- Comply in conjunction with the Financial Manager and Account Officer, all budgets and forecasts covering all activities of the hotel; maintains all budget control procedures.
- Ensure the maintenance of ledgers and subsidiary records of authorized appropriations and expenditures are proper authorized and accounted for.
- Ensure the maintenance of all subsidiary records in connection with inventories, accounts receivables accounts payables, operating equipment, fixed assets, etc.
- Must be an example of the Accor Values, brand standards, and a champion of grooming and appearance guidelines.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all accounting machines and equipment
- To ensure that there are, at all times, proper procedures and controls for the guest cashiers and other cashiers in the hotel, notwithstanding the fact that these areas are not the direct responsibility of the controller.
- To ensure proper controls for F&B cashiers.
- To ensure that there are, at all times, proper procedures and controls for purchasing, receiving, stores and requisitioning.
- To ensure that physical inventories of all supplies are being taken on a monthly basis and of all operating equipment on a quarterly basis.
- Monitoring of staff loan and advances.
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or in any other related field
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or in any other related field, ICAN, or ACCA is also an added advantage.
- Internal Auditor & Personal Assistant to MD skills
- 3-5 years work experience in an accounting firm or hotel
- Special skills in Sun, Opera and micros systems.
- Excellent communications, organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and application programs
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Capability of dealing with crisis or emergency situations effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team
The position comes with attractive remuneration and company benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only Candidates with HOTEL experience is obliged to apply.
Leave a Reply