Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QHSE & Facility Officer
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking to engage a competent and experienced QHSE & Facility Officer (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment) in Lagos and Abuja, who will foster a safety culture and performance in the workplace by educating and ensuring QHSE compliance in accordance with internal and external demands.
- We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations on providing full-time Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Facilities support to the on-site/corporate office personnel and ensure that all practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements while ensuring that Employees follow established policies, standards and safety regulations.
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring compliance with best HSE practices and coordinate risk assessments during operations on clients’ sites and Daystar facilities.
- Liaise with project and service Engineer(s), record and update Company QHSE Performance Report from projects.
- Prepare Job Hazard Analysis and facilitate the issuance of Permit to Work.
- Implement and maintain health and safety standards.
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc. and ensure implementation of safety procedures.
- Promote safety awareness on site(s) by conducting safety induction, training and safety briefings to new entrants, workers, visitors & sub-contractors prior to granting them access to the work area(s).
- Ensure effective implementation and awareness of HSSE programs (Such as See Correct or Commend, Step Back 5X5, Approaching Others, Last Man Rule, See Something Do Something and Say Something, Life Saving-Rules (LSR) etc.)
- Assist the QHSE-Facilities Head with QHSE-related investigations as required.
- Assist in conducting vendor surveys of all contractors and vendors offering services to the company for quality assurance.
- Assist with regular walk-through inspections and audits of the project and existing installation sites.
- Assist in ensuring the conformance of the organization’s activities to QMS ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015.
- Assist in the implementation and collation of all relevant data for the Environmental Social Governance (ESD) report from all relevant parties.
- Assist in the preparation and review of all relevant QHSE-related documentation.
- Participates in process audits, internal audits or external audits.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Social Sciences, or its equivalent with additional professional qualifications in QHSE, Facilities and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a QHSE role, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry.
- Experience in successful implementation of ISO 9001, QHSAS 18001 or ISO 14001 requirements in at least one organization or others relevant to the power sector.
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command Systems, Incident Investigation Tools, HSE Auditing Techniques.
- Relevant Industrial and Management Certifications such as ISPoN, NEBOSH, IOSH, etc.
- Proficiency in English, good communication skills and accurate reporting
- Proficiency in MS Suite: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Proficiency: English.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate about quality of workmanship
- Good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular)
- Client focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Approximately 40% of the time shall be spent in an office environment with the remaining time in the field.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply