Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Job Ref.: DCP-220323
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Job type: Full time
- The Legal Officer shall be responsible monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements as related to DCP operations, ensuing compliance with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft a wide variety of legal agreements as may be contingent on DCP business matters.
- Provide internal advisory support services on corporate legal matters to business units and departments within DCP.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Support in the development of service level agreements SLA’s for service delivery to all DCP business units.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Analyze and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board.
- Liaise with external counsel in the management and resolution of disputes
- Ensure the compliance with laid down guidelines (with emphasis on deadlines where stipulated), policies and procedures with internal and external parties in/with DCP
- Investigate issues of non-compliance and report same promptly to the HOD
- Review and Advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Head of Department and/or Company Secretary.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- A good First Degree (LL.B) in Law / Legal Studies) from an accredited Institution
- A member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Professional certification such as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) would confer an advantage.
- Must have at least Two (2) but not more than Six (6) years post graduate experience
- Proven experience in research, analysis and legal advisory on fundamental business matters
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiation as well as dispute resolution,
- Good understanding of general and specific company and commercial law in Nigeria
- Managing compliance with regulatory institutions and support driving same in DCP business and official engagements
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of Corporate and Commercial Law
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Effective Team Playing Skills
- Excellent Business Writing and Communication skills
- Great Emotional Intelligence
- Enthusiasm and Commitment to service delivery
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply