Application Deadline: 28 February 2023 14:59 CET
The Swedish Institute (SI) Scholarship for Global Professionals offers a unique opportunity to develop professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other global professionals.
The scholarship is intended for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programme, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Swedish Institute open the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester. In order to have a successful application, make sure to be eligible, complete all steps of the process, and that you have the documentation required to finalise your application in time.
Country of citizenship
You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships. However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.*
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 of March 2023.
You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- For scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 11,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
You have to use SI’s provided forms, and you must complete your application in English. Otherwise, your application will not be considered further.
A complete application consists of:
- CV (we only accept the SI-template)
- Letters of reference (we only accept the SI-template)
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience (we only accept the SI-template)
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Note! Your application will be disqualified if any of the above is missing.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (2023/2024
Leave a Reply